The great thing about the internet is that everyone gets to voice their opinion. The bad thing about the internet is that it’s so easy to represent yourself as something you are not. Take for example, John Raul Joven II who recently attacked me for sharing my personal experience with Top Hosting Center.
First, let’s take a look at the attack itself. From his blog post Blogger Shooting Blanks At The Best Host–
The results on Google search towards THC are mostly positive, except one thing — there was an emphasizing post written by Aahz, a current customer of Top Hosting Center, with his blog website Philaahzophy.com that was stumbled purposively on StumbleUpon.com. I am not sure if he meant to write it to tell the truth, or he could have written it just for traffic’s sake. I’m a happy THC customer, and based on my hosting experience, I could say this blogger is shooting blanks to the best web hosting company I could ever find nowadays — and guess what — I’m not alone!
I highly recommend you read the whole post in order to get a sense of just how strongly he’s calling me a liar without coming right out and saying it. Well, I have no such compunction – John Raul Joven is a liar. See how easy that was? And here’s some evidence-
- He didn’t find my post through Google, he found it through MyBlogLog.com because I showed up on his “recent visitors” after looking for some way to get into Top Hosting Center yesterday. Despite my being Google’s fourth result for “Top Hosting Center” (with or without quotes) and Yahoo!’s ninth result on the same term, no one has come to my site via that search in at least the last 30 days.
- Of course John is “a happy THC customer”! That’s because he is either a part-owner or employee of Top Hosting Center, despite the fact that fails to disclose this anywhere on his blog. It’s not like he hasn’t had a chance, he’s written about them time and again over the last year. He also never bothered to disclose it in the comments he’s left on this blog, on THC CEO Eric Vanier’s blog (where Eric continues the farce with his comment), or anywhere else that I can find. Instead he continually represents himself as a “happy customer”.
- Yes, I have screenshots, links and documentation to back all of this up. But I’d love to hear back from THC and/or John before posting them.
And, by the way, John – I’m not alone in my thinking that Top Hosting Center’s customer support has tumbled in the last few months either. Here’s another comment from Eric Vanier’s blog post that I linked to above-
Hendra Ruslyon 21 Sep 2008 at 1:52 pm
Hi Eric, just wanna add some comment on THC support after 9 Month being a customer of Rudolph Plan.
Based on my latest personal experience, I feel that THC’s support is not as good as it used to be.
Nine Month ago, the customer service was really awesome.
I get all the help I need in just few hours or so.
You guys make me believe that 24/7 Customer Service is not a joke.
I promote you in my blog, in Internet Marketing Forum I am member of.
Commenting everywhere people need review of the company.
But now, as my online venture expanding, it’s all different.
I don’t know what happen with the company.
Customer Service is falling apart.
I have tickets left un answered. But that’s okay, maybe people are just busy. I wait for 48 hours, and still no answer.
Then I ‘bumped’ my tickets and ask why I haven’t got an answer for my previous tickets, and I was asked to re-submit my ticket!
Oh well, maybe it’s just a technological glitch, my tickets got lost somewhere.
Maybe it’s because I am a Rudolph Plan customer that has paid forward then I should not ask for much.
Maybe the company doesn’t like I am running several sites in my cheap Rudolph Plan, that make me becoming burden to the company.
Maybe I missunderstood the unlimited term?
If it’s so, all the company need to do is, explain to me that I’m not allowed to host this number of sites. Then I’ll be happy to open new account.
I don’t know for sure what is the reason for the lack of Customer Service.
But one thing for sure, I miss the experience I had with THC at my early days blogging.
I hope things could improve.
I’m looking forward to had my once best hosting experience once again with THC.
Your die hard fans.
It seems Hendra is having the exact same experience I am. And she’s only sharing her IP with about 72 other websites (as opposed to the 300 plus that are on mine) including several that are owned and operated by THC itself. Or is she a liar as well? BTW, John didn’t disclose his relationship when commenting on Hendra’s review either.
One more thing. Y’all might be wondering about the graphic at the top of this post. Well, as long as I can remember Top Hosting Center has had a badge on their website boasting that they were declared the #1 Budget Hosting service by webhostdir.com. Unfortunately, following the link shows that not only is Top Hosting Center not listed amongst the award winners, but WebHostDir.com doesn’t even list them as a recommended company. In fact, THC isn’t mentioned ANYWHERE on the site that I could find. What’s up with that John? Eric?
The Complete Top Hosting Center Series-
- Is My Website Hosting Search Over Already?
- First Impressions of Top Hosting Center
- Kinks Working Out At Top Hosting Center
- Well THAT Sucked!
- StumbleUpon Highlights Top Hosting Center’s Weakness
- Top Hosting Center Can’t Keep Own Website Online!
- Top Hosting Center Attacks Web Hosting Customer
- Grease For My Squeaky Wheel
- Top Hosting Center STILL Can’t Keep Their Home Page Online!
- Quick Update On Top Hosting Center
- Top Hosting Center Rudolph Lifetime Web Hosting Scam Returns