Regular readers have no doubt seen me mention Free Talk Live on more than one occasion here at Philaahzophy. They’re the only nationally syndicated, liberty oriented talk radio show in the world, and the only podcast I listen to. Period.
The AMP program is their innovative “subscription” service that is 100% voluntary. AMP stands for Advertise, Market, Promote and all of the funds donated each month are dedicated exclusively to spreading the show wider and farther both online and off. Since Free Talk Live supplies the show, their website, their forums, their archives, and many other features 100% free of charge to anyone who is interested in the message of freedom and Liberty. The AMP program is the way we listeners have to give back and help spread the show.
I’ve been listening to Free Talk Live for about a year now and been planning onAMPing the show for about six months, but just never got around to it until today. I’m going to share why I chose today to finally ‘take the plunge’, but first I want to list all of the reasons that didn’t motivate me to AMP the show.
- It wasn’t for the AMP ‘perks’ – although the AMP-only chat room, forum and phone lines are cool I simply don’t see myself using them at this point in time.
- It wasn’t the fact that my daughter, Z, started pestering me about whether or not I was an AMPlifier and getting a sour, doubtful look when I said I wasn’t. After all, this did seem a bit contradictory to my “vote with your dollar” moral lessons I’ve tried to teach her.
- It wasn’t the recent announcement that they’re going to launch the first 24/7 Free Talk Live global satellite to spread the show even where the internet doesn’t reach.
- It wasn’t that I agree with everything they say. I’m not even close, falling somwewhere between Mark and Ian on the ‘political’ spectrum.
- It wasn’t even a single issue that they brought up. There have been many, many issues I’ve been right there with them 100%, and I can’t think of a single thing where I disagreed more than 10%-20%.
- It certainly wasn’t the extended AMP ads that they fill their semi-regular podcast only extended shows with.
So why then, did I choose to AMP today? Well,
- Today is the day after my monthly payday. So having a mere $5.00 per month taken out of my bank account the day after payday will hardly even be noticed.
- I just listened to the August 29, 2008 podcast (I’m typically a few weeks behind on the show). About three quarters of the way through the show Mark, Ian and Julia suddenly got into a verbal brawl over Ian’s “freedom uber alles” stance. Not only is this kind of frank and genuine ‘discussion’ a true rarity in modern media, but I completely understand both sides of the issue. In fact, over the years I’ve frequently fought Ian’s side of the argument – giving in to the government at any point is the path to failure. But since Z came back into my life I completely understand Mark and Julia’s stance as well – as an individual, some things are more important than ‘liberty for all’.
If you’re already listening to Free Talk Live, then you should be an AMPlifier as well. If you’re not already a listener, then take some time and give them a shot. If they aren’t on a local radio station to you, then there are numerous online listening options. From a live stream to podcasts (through RSS or iTunes). You can even download full month archives directly from their home page.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll surely say it again…
If you’re really serious about achieving liberty in our lifetime, sign up for the Free State Project and start planning to move to New Hampshire where thousands of freedom lovers are gathering to use the strength of numbers to fight the next American revolution. Whether you’re ready to take that step or not, start listening to Free Talk Live today. You’ll gain a greater understanding of what freedom really means, ammunition to defend your positions and spread the message of freedom,the feeling of camaraderie that come sfrom knowing others out there believe the same way you do, and some great and entertaining talk radio as well!
The Complete Applied Anarchy Series-
- What Is Applied Anarchy?
- Applied Anarchy – One Way I Legally Avoid Taxes
- Applied Anarchy: Financial Security Without Fiat Currency
- Practicing What We Preach
- Applied Anarchy: Why Anarchists Should Vote For Ron Paul
- Applied Anarchy – Parking Meters
- Applied Anarchy – Minimizing Your Income Tax Burden
- Sales Tax and Couponing For Cash
- Applied Anarchy – 12 Steps To Recovery
- Money Makes The World Go Round
- Doing Away With Fiat Currency
- Applied Anarchy – Free Market Health Care
- Applied Anarchy – How Would It Work?
- Applied Anarchy – Listen To Your Kids
- Happy Birthday Comrade Kropotkin!
- The Market Finally Takes Down DRM – Copyright Quivers In Boots
- Pushing The Political Easy Button
- A Call To Arms For Anarchist Bloggers
- Applied Anarchy – Voting As Self-Defense
- Applied Anarchy: Why Taxes Are Theft
- I’m Now A Silver AMPlifier for Free Talk Live!
- Applied Anarchy: You CAN Trust Politicians…
- How The Market Can Enforce Intellectual Property
- Applied Anarchy – Make Freedom A Bestseller
- Why Seek Liberation?