Despite my being abandoned last Halloween, it remains my favorite holiday. And we’re not fooling around this year as we’re starting to celebrate on October 3. Here’s our agenda-
- Friday October 3 – Halloween Haunt (opening night) at California’s Great America
- Saturday October 4 – Halloween Haunt at Knott’s Scary Farm (aka Knott’s Berry Farm)
- Sunday October 5 – Miley Cyrus’ Sweet 16 Party at Disneyland (okay, not strictly speaking Halloweeny, but the park will have its Halloween decorations up, including the Nightmare Before Christmas remodel of The Haunetd Mansion)
- Friday October 10 – Field of Screams and Mutant Creek Hayride at Uesegi Farms here in MorganHill
- Saturday October 11 – Jack O’ Lantern carving
- Friday October 24 – Fright Fest at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (with Z’s friend, H)
- Saturday October 25 – Fright Fest at Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Friday October 31 – HALLOWEEN NIGHT!! Possibly Mickey’s Trick-Or-Treat at Disneyland. Still waiting for Z to determine if she’s up to Halloween away from her Mom.
Clearly, some things are still in the works, but I’m pretty excited about this year. It will be Z’s first time attending Knott’s Scary Farm, as well as the first-ever Halloween Haunt at Great America, and the first time either of us have attended Fright Fest at Magic Mountain or Halloween at Disneyland. Definitely a lot of good monstery goodness coming up in the next six weeks or so!