It’s been about 48 hours since I signed up for my new web hosting account at Top Hosting Center and things just keep getting better. It may be hard to believe that things can improve over a one-time payment of $95 to get hosting and a domain for life, but they do. First, let me remind you of their incredible hosting deal–
- $95 one-time fee gets hosting for life
- One free domain for life
- 250GB disk storage
- 3000GB monthly transfer
- All the standard bells and whistles (emails, sub-domains, MySQL databases, etc) with unlimited access
- 24/7 support
- 30-day money back guarantee
Normally this is a $4.95/month package, which is a great deal in and of itself. But the first 1000 people to sign up for their Rudolph web hosting plan get the whole thing, free for life after a single $95 payment.
What’s the most important thing in a web host? Uptime. Well, 48 hours isn’t much time to judge that but THC hasn’t been down yet. A close second to uptime, however, is service and tech support. In that arena THC is coming through with flying colors. One of the reasons I went looking for a new host after being on 1and1.com for years was that I was starting to push the limits of what they would allow. I needed a web hosting company that would allow me the freedom to try new things. Not only does Top Hosting Center allow me that freedom, but they’ve been helping me explore those boundaries as well. We’ve exchanged around a dozen emails and tickets now and the longest I’ve had to wait for a response was 6 hours with an average time of less than two and several responses within minutes.
In yesterday’s post I detailed the Good, Bad and Ugly of the first few hours with THC (although I didn’t contact them directly about most of the issues) and they responded via email to let me know what solutions they’d developed for all of the problems I listed-
For you information:
– We are in the process of integrating the Payment gateways (2CO and Paypal), Helpdesk ticket system and php 5 (migration)
– We wrote a special note that during a signup with credit card, the registration of the free domain will take up to 5 hours, because of credit card validation (to avoid fraud) .
– Starting in January, an upgrade will be done every month for all EasyAPP applications.
Web hosting solutions for you and your business — we have it.
At THC, we match any prices GUARANTEE!
ROCK Support 24×7
How’s that for responsive? I wasn’t overly concerned about those issues, just pointing them out to my fellow netizens, and they’re all being dealt with ASAP! My new domain is fully registered and active (though I can’t share it with y’all for another few days, sorry 😎 ) When I was looking to use a specific Unix command that they had not allowed (as many web hosting companies don’t) but that I need for a specific WordPress plugin to function correctly they were even willing to reverse their prior ruling and allow its use!
When I was having difficulties transferring a MySQL database (something I’ve never done before), THC tech support not only offered to handle the migration themselves, but then came back and explained what I was doing wrong so I could learn in the process and do it myself in the future. Essentially, they’re willing to hold my hand as much or as little as I desire, and ‘smile’ the whole way. If that’s not the definition of customer service I don’t know what is, particularly considering they’ve already got my $95 one time fee, so it’s not like they’re going to be earning more from me at this point.
Setting up new blogs couldn’t be easier than with their EasyApps Collection. You essentially just pick your blogging platform (WordPress, B2Evolution, or FeedOnFeeds), fill out a few variables (which domain, directory, admin username, etc) and it creates the database for you, install the software and sens you on your way! With almost 40 different apps in this collection, all of the major web softwares are represented and just as easy to install. Thus far I’ve used WordPress, OpenAds (phpadsnew), and PhpBB, but I’m looking forward to experimenting with Joomla, Php Nuke, PhpWiki, CubeCart, osCommerce, ZenCart, CS Live Helper, and phpMyFAQ now that I don’t have to worry about a possibly lengthy and complex installation process first. I’ve had Zen Cart, for example, sitting on my desk top waiting to be tried for over a year now.
I’ll continue to check in with reports on Top Hosting Center occasionally, but they seem about as perfect as a webhosting company could be at this point.
The Complete Top Hosting Center Series-
- Is My Website Hosting Search Over Already?
- First Impressions of Top Hosting Center
- Kinks Working Out At Top Hosting Center
- Well THAT Sucked!
- StumbleUpon Highlights Top Hosting Center’s Weakness
- Top Hosting Center Can’t Keep Own Website Online!
- Top Hosting Center Attacks Web Hosting Customer
- Grease For My Squeaky Wheel
- Top Hosting Center STILL Can’t Keep Their Home Page Online!
- Quick Update On Top Hosting Center
- Top Hosting Center Rudolph Lifetime Web Hosting Scam Returns