Yesterday while having a birthday lunch with Z and her friend K the topic of government came up somehow and brilliant 10 year old K just jumped in with “I hate the government since I read that Oklahoma book Z recommended”. She was referring to The Oklahoma City Bombing (Terrorist Attacks) by Geraldine Giordano which Z discovered in their school library in September. After sharing a few stories about my Oklahoma research I asked K again why she disliked the government. She couldn’t really explain the feeling, simply stating that it didn’t seem to be helpful in any way. She also told us that her parents don’t really talk to her about politics because she’s “just a kid”, but that she enjoyed talking about it.
There’s a strong message here, people. The children of today are the voters and activists of tomorrow. They innately understand that government doesn’t actually serve them in any way. Talk to your kids (or any available kids) about politics. Not only is it the best way to create a more free future for America, but every now and then they’ll actually teach you something as well.
The Complete Applied Anarchy Series-
- What Is Applied Anarchy?
- Applied Anarchy – One Way I Legally Avoid Taxes
- Applied Anarchy: Financial Security Without Fiat Currency
- Practicing What We Preach
- Applied Anarchy: Why Anarchists Should Vote For Ron Paul
- Applied Anarchy – Parking Meters
- Applied Anarchy – Minimizing Your Income Tax Burden
- Sales Tax and Couponing For Cash
- Applied Anarchy – 12 Steps To Recovery
- Money Makes The World Go Round
- Doing Away With Fiat Currency
- Applied Anarchy – Free Market Health Care
- Applied Anarchy – How Would It Work?
- Applied Anarchy – Listen To Your Kids
- Happy Birthday Comrade Kropotkin!
- The Market Finally Takes Down DRM – Copyright Quivers In Boots
- Pushing The Political Easy Button
- A Call To Arms For Anarchist Bloggers
- Applied Anarchy – Voting As Self-Defense
- Applied Anarchy: Why Taxes Are Theft
- I’m Now A Silver AMPlifier for Free Talk Live!
- Applied Anarchy: You CAN Trust Politicians…
- How The Market Can Enforce Intellectual Property
- Applied Anarchy – Make Freedom A Bestseller
- Why Seek Liberation?