Imagine, back in the 1970s, someone asking “how would a computer work” … the point is it does work because people were motivated to find a way to make it work.
He was talking about a free market society, but it absolutely applies to a completely anarchistic society as well. I don’t have all the answers as to how a modern society would work without government. But I do believe that many of those answers already exist and that problems would be solved. Everything that exists today was incomprehensible to people at some point in time.
Imagine trying to explain the concept of democracy to an Egyptian slave while he was throwing his life away building the pyramids. Probably an impossible task, but I’d be willing to bet that you acknowledge democracy is a functional system today. I hate government in all its varied forms, but I still acknowledge that democracy can create a functional society and one that is far superior to many other governmental systems.
Keep reading and I’ll keep sharing the ways that anarchy can work, has worked, and is working.
The Complete Applied Anarchy Series-
- What Is Applied Anarchy?
- Applied Anarchy – One Way I Legally Avoid Taxes
- Applied Anarchy: Financial Security Without Fiat Currency
- Practicing What We Preach
- Applied Anarchy: Why Anarchists Should Vote For Ron Paul
- Applied Anarchy – Parking Meters
- Applied Anarchy – Minimizing Your Income Tax Burden
- Sales Tax and Couponing For Cash
- Applied Anarchy – 12 Steps To Recovery
- Money Makes The World Go Round
- Doing Away With Fiat Currency
- Applied Anarchy – Free Market Health Care
- Applied Anarchy – How Would It Work?
- Applied Anarchy – Listen To Your Kids
- Happy Birthday Comrade Kropotkin!
- The Market Finally Takes Down DRM – Copyright Quivers In Boots
- Pushing The Political Easy Button
- A Call To Arms For Anarchist Bloggers
- Applied Anarchy – Voting As Self-Defense
- Applied Anarchy: Why Taxes Are Theft
- I’m Now A Silver AMPlifier for Free Talk Live!
- Applied Anarchy: You CAN Trust Politicians…
- How The Market Can Enforce Intellectual Property
- Applied Anarchy – Make Freedom A Bestseller
- Why Seek Liberation?