One of the most insidious thefts of our labor is the sales tax. We go to work everyday to earn a living to support our families and the government straight up steals 30% (or more) of our labor through income taxes. Then, whenever we take what’s left and try to buy the goods we need for our families they tack on a sales tax (in most states) to everything we buy. In my area this is an extra 8.25% on every single purchase! But, with a little effort you can get companies to essentially refund your sales tax back to you.
Everyone knows you can save money by clipping the coupons from the Sunday paper, but did you know that you can actually turn a profit? The hard way to earn a profit from couponing is to use the coupons to buy things really cheap then resell them either at the local flea market or on eBay. But the smart way is even easier…
- Get the newspaper every Sunday
- Save the coupon supplements
- Visit CouponMom.com each week to see what items you can profit on
- Clip appropriate coupons
Here are a few examples from this week-
- Pepcid Max Strength AC or Complete 8 ct.–FREE after mail in rebate of $3.99, sale price $3.99, earn $1 if you have the coupon
- Aquafresh Gel Flex Toothbrush, earn $1 after $2.49 mail in rebate and newspaper coupon
- Aquafresh Advanced toothpaste 5.6 oz, earn $1 after $2.49 mail in rebate and newspaper coupon
- Pepcid Maximum Strength AC Acid Reducer 8 ct, earn $1 after $3.99 Mail in Rebate and newspaper coupon
Sure, these few extra bucks a week aren’t going to make you rich, but the extra effort is very minimal (you’re going shopping anyway) and you can save even more money through using the other coupons as well. I’ve been doing this for about six months now and the savings and earnings end up turning me a tiny profit over my sales tax expenses.
The Complete Applied Anarchy Series-
- What Is Applied Anarchy?
- Applied Anarchy – One Way I Legally Avoid Taxes
- Applied Anarchy: Financial Security Without Fiat Currency
- Practicing What We Preach
- Applied Anarchy: Why Anarchists Should Vote For Ron Paul
- Applied Anarchy – Parking Meters
- Applied Anarchy – Minimizing Your Income Tax Burden
- Sales Tax and Couponing For Cash
- Applied Anarchy – 12 Steps To Recovery
- Money Makes The World Go Round
- Doing Away With Fiat Currency
- Applied Anarchy – Free Market Health Care
- Applied Anarchy – How Would It Work?
- Applied Anarchy – Listen To Your Kids
- Happy Birthday Comrade Kropotkin!
- The Market Finally Takes Down DRM – Copyright Quivers In Boots
- Pushing The Political Easy Button
- A Call To Arms For Anarchist Bloggers
- Applied Anarchy – Voting As Self-Defense
- Applied Anarchy: Why Taxes Are Theft
- I’m Now A Silver AMPlifier for Free Talk Live!
- Applied Anarchy: You CAN Trust Politicians…
- How The Market Can Enforce Intellectual Property
- Applied Anarchy – Make Freedom A Bestseller
- Why Seek Liberation?