Originally posted to LiveJournal-
– I, Aahz, Mr. It’s Not Worth Doing If It Doesn’t Involve A Monitor & Keyboard, spent a fair amount of time teaching my daughter to dribble a basketball. I didn’t even realize Iknew how to dribble a basketball. I mean, I obviously can do so, but was unaware I possessed the knowledge necessary to teach someone to do it. Cool (but weird).
– Turns out scrapbooking can be a dangerous pastime. I got a scratch on my hand just pulling out the bags of supplies, then sliced open my thumb while removing the safety cover from a cutting blade. Oops!
– Saturday night Bunny and Sammy brought Gavin home and all was sociable and nice. Nice to know since getting back into Zaira‘s life essentially means getting back into theirs as well.
– Sammy actually returned later that evening along with Christopher and we all (add Thomas to me and those mentioned to equal all) played a little berr ‘n’ pretzels board game called Zombies!. The game was fun, but it was really cool gaming again with folx I haven’t even seen in 7-9 years. Especially considering we all used to game together 5+ nights a week.
– During the game Pepper returned home and I got yelled at for sending a child support check: “YOU NEED TO TELL ME WHEN YOU SEND A CHECK BECAUSE IT WENT TO THE OLD ADDRESS AND I ONLY KNOW ABOUT IT BECAUSE JACKIE HAPPENED TO CHEK MY MAIL. NOW I HAVE TO GO UP TO SAN JOSE TOMORROW TO GET IT.” Damned if I do, damned if I don’t.
– Zaira can spot a crumpled up and discarded lottery ticket on the street from 20 paces 🙂
– Thomas graciously offered to drive Zaira and I to the local scrapbooking store that I found in the phonebook. Turns out the reason we had such a hard time finding it was because they moved :-/ Luckily the gentleman who owns the antique shop in what was their spot was kind enough to direct us to their new location.
– For the first time in a long time I was way off in my shopping math. I had figured our total at Got Memories? was around $90. Turned out to be at to be $160!!! And that was after she gave us a couple of bonus discounts including one for telling our friends about them. So, if you scrap and happen to be in Gilroy, visit Got Memories?
– I’m slowly but surely getting through to Gavin. He hasn’t tried to hit or kick me in several visits now. And Sunday he got REALLY mad at me because Zaira had told him that if he was good I would give him a surprise (a little something I had picked up for him the day before). He wasn’t good, so I told him he wasn’t getting his surprise. He ranted and screamed for about 20 minutes but I held firm and he eventually moved on to something else. Right before he was about to leave for the sitters he started screaming again about how I had to give him his surprise because he was being good at that moment. I reminded him about the promise I had made him last week (see next point) and that I had kept it this week. I then asked if I’d ever gone against my word. Reluctantly he agreed that I hadn’t. So I pointed out that if I gave him his surprise after telling him that I wouldn’t it would be breaking my word and he would never be able to trust me again. Long story medium: no surprise for Gavin because he was being a brat.
– I learned how to make Pirate Eyes (aka sunny-side up eggs in a circle of toast). Last week when I asked Gavin how he wanted his eggs he replied “Pirate Eyes” – apparently this is how Christopher makes eggs for him. Well I totally butchered the attempt last week, but promised that I would try again this weekend. This week my first attempt was even worse, filling the entire downstairs with smoke as the toast burnt! Luckily the internet was available and a quick Google search showed me what I was doing wrong (cooking too hot) and attempt #3 was a success! Go Aahz!!